Keeping your home clean can sometimes feel like a never-ending task. Just when you think you’ve gotten every nook and cranny, you realize there’s another area you’ve been forgetting all along. To help you keep your home clean and clutter-free, we’ve compiled a list of five areas you’re probably forgetting to clean. Give them a once-over next time you’re doing your weekly cleaning routine and rest assured knowing your home is sparkling from top to bottom!
Commonly Forgotten Areas That Don’t Get Cleaned
- The top of your fridge. We often forget about the space on top of our fridge because it’s not something we see every day. However, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need to be cleaned! Dust and grease can easily build up on the top of your fridge, so make sure to give it a good wipe-down every once in a while.
- The baseboards. Baseboards are another area that can easily be forgotten about in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. But if you take a look at them, chances are they could use a good cleaning! Dust them off with a dry cloth or give them a quick vacuum to remove any dirt and debris that has built up over time.
- The inside of your appliances. Appliances like your dishwasher, oven, and washing machine are constantly being used, so it’s important to clean them on a regular basis to prevent build-up and maintain their efficiency. Start by wiping down the inside of your appliances with a damp cloth—you’d be surprised how much dirt and grime has accumulated there! Then, run an empty cycle with hot water and vinegar to really get rid of any lingering bacteria.
- The area rugs. Just like any other piece of fabric in your home, rugs accumulate dust and allergens over time. If you have family members who suffer from allergies or asthma, this can be a serious problem. Regularly vacuuming and professionally cleaning your rugs is the best way to remove these irritants and improve the air quality in your home. Chem-Dry of Acadiana has developed a reputation for being one of the best rug cleaners in Breaux Bridge, Broussard, Carencro, St. Martinville, Youngsville, and the surrounding areas.
- The carpets. Cleaning the carpet is important for many reasons—including reducing allergies, reducing wear and tear, and extending the life of your carpet. So be sure to vacuum regularly and have your carpets deep cleaned by a professional every 12 months or so. Your carpets—and your health—will thank you for it! Chem-Dry of Acadiana proudly provides a highly-rated carpet cleaning service for homes and businesses in Lafayette Parish and St. Martin Parish.
Cleaning your home can sometimes feel like an uphill battle, but it’s important to remember all the nooks and crannies that need attention too! Don’t forget about these five areas the next time you’re cleaning—your home will thank you for it!
Carpet and Rug Cleaners in Lafayette Parish and St. Martin Parish
Contact Chem-Dry of Acadiana for professional cleaning services, especially when it comes to cleaning your home’s rugs and carpets. Read what others in Lafayette Parish and St. Martin Parish have to say about our rug and carpet cleaning services and what makes them the best in the area. We look forward to working with you!