PET URINE ODOR REMOVALProfessional Pet Urine Stain and Odor Removal in the Acadiana and Greater Baton Rouge Areas
Remove Pet Stains and Odors For Good
Ideally, pets would never make messes on our carpets or rugs. However, we all know that’s not the case and that accidents are inevitable. Unfortunately, when these accidents involve urine, it’s not always easy to clean up!
Pet urine can sink below your carpets and ruin the pad and floor if not properly taken care of. Replacing carpet and padding can be expensive and time-consuming, so it’s vital to get urine stains and odors removed correctly. Thanks to Chem-Dry of Acadiana’s revolutionary P.U.R.T.® (Pet Urine Removal Treatment), most urine-stained carpets and rugs can be saved!
“They cleaned several pet stains from the carpets at my sons home. They came out right away to give us an estimate, were professional and made the carpets look brand new. We were very very pleased, I would recommend them to anyone!”
What to Know About Pet Urine in Your Carpet
When pets urinate on your carpet, it doesn’t just stay on the surface. The urine seeps lower and lower until it reaches the backing of the carpet and the flooring below. As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates, and the urine crystals become very concentrated and smelly.
Most store-bought or DIY cleaning methods don’t have the power to remove these crystals and eliminate odor. Letting these crystals remain causes severe damage to your carpet and flooring, especially if your pet urinates in the same spot every time. This is where our pet urine removal in the Acadiana and greater Baton Rouge areas comes to the rescue!
How P.U.R.T.® Works
Chem-Dry created P.U.R.T.® to tackle these stubborn urine stains and smells and get rid of them as fast as possible. As soon as P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, a chemical reaction immediately begins that destroys the urine odor. Here is how the process works:
- We determine the source and severity of the odor.
- We perform a hot-water rinse on the carpet or rug to extract the urine crystals.
- In the worst cases, we have to pull back the carpet in suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, we remove and replace the pad underneath*
- If necessary, we apply odor-blocking shellac to the subfloor.*
- We then apply P.U.R.T.® to the tack strip, the subﬂoor, the baseboards, and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine and break down the odor-causing components.
*Additional charges may apply for services based on your unique situation and the amount of time and cleaning solution required to remove the pet odors. Please note that this process may take up to 48 hours to dry fully. You may want to ventilate your home slightly so the odor can escape.
Prevent Carpet Damage in Your Home
Pet accidents with urine can create lingering smells and stains in your home, potentially leading to costly clean-ups if ignored. If you own a pet, you’ve probably faced these troubles before. When another accident happens, don’t fret! Just give Chem-Dry of Acadiana a call for fast and proper stain and odor elimination.