PET URINE ODOR REMOVALProfessional Pet Urine Stain and Odor Removal in Lafayette, LA
Remove Pet Stains and Odors For Good
Ideally, pets would never make messes on our carpets or rugs. However, we all know that’s not the case and that accidents are inevitable. Unfortunately, when these accidents involve urine, it’s not always an easy cleanup!
Pet urine can actually sink below your carpets and ruin the pad and floor underneath if not properly taken care of. Replacing carpet and padding can be expensive and time-consuming, so it’s vital to get urine stains and odors removed correctly. Thanks to Chem-Dry of Acadiana’s revolutionary P.U.R.T.® (Pet Urine Removal in Lafayette, LA), most urine-stained carpets and rugs can be saved!
“They cleaned several pet stains from the carpets at my sons home. They came out right away to give us an estimate, were professional and made the carpets look brand new. We were very very pleased, I would recommend them to anyone!”
What to Know About Pet Urine in Your Carpet
When pets urinate on your carpet, it doesn’t just stay on the surface. The urine seeps lower and lower until it reaches the backing of the carpet and the flooring below. As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates and the urine crystals become very concentrated and smelly.
Most store-bought or DIY cleaning methods don’t have the power to remove these crystals and eliminate odor. Letting these crystals remain causes serious damage to your carpet and flooring, especially if your pet urinates in the same spot every time. This is where our pet urine removal in Lafayette, LA comes to the rescue!
How P.U.R.T.® Works
Chem-Dry created P.U.R.T.® to tackle these stubborn urine stains and smells and get rid of them as fast as possible. As soon as P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor. Here is how the process works:
- We determine the source and severity of the odor.
- We perform a hot-water rinse on the carpet or rug to extract the urine crystals.
- In the worst cases, we have to pull back the carpet in suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, we remove and replace the pad underneath*
- If necessary, we apply an odor-blocking shellac to the sub-floor.*
- We then apply P.U.R.T.® to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards, and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine and break down the odor-causing components.
*Additional charges may apply for services based on your unique situation and the amount of time and cleaning solution is required to remove the pet odors. Please note that this process may take up to 48-hours to fully dry. You may want to ventilate your home slightly so that the odor can escape.
Prevent Carpet Damage in Your Home
Pet urine odors and stains can cause many issues in the home and may require expensive solutions if not taken care of. If you are a pet owner, you may have had to deal with these problems and know the hassle they cause. The next time your pet has an accident, call Chem-Dry of Acadiana to get the stain and odor removed correctly and quickly!